At Blue Label Telecoms, we’re impressed by character, dedication and perseverance as much as we are impressed with qualifications and experience. #TeamBlu players have the tenacity, courage and passion for achieving results without trampling fellow team members to get where they’re going. Our industry faces rapid change, all the time. If you’re resilient and adaptable, you’ll thrive on the fast-paced world we operate in.
We encourage you to have fun and find your purpose while always keeping an eye on the prize. “The prize?”, you might ask - will always be our strive for customer-centricity. If you are an innovator, an optimist, an agent of change, then we want you on our side! We want agile, collaborative thinkers who can evaluate, investigate, and communicate their way through any snags and problems - people who understand that businesses are built on the entrepreneurial spirit of each and every one of us.
We are looking for individuals to build relationships and who are not only in it for the ‘now’. Our team spirit is built on integrity, honesty and respect. We firmly believe that skills and knowledge can be acquired, but it is fundamentally your aspiration to succeed that will forge the pathway to greatness.
Are you TeamBlu?
Cloud Data Engineer - BluNova
This role is responsible for managing the organization's cloud-based systems and processes. The specific tasks that this encompasses can include: Setting up architectures using cloud providers like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, or others. Managing security and access of cloud-based systems.
Collaboration with Engineering team
- Working in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company. Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed. Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineer teambuilding and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based plat.
Business Requirements Identification
- Elicit complex business requirements using a variety of methods such as interviews, document analysis, workshops, and workflow analysis to express the requirements in terms of target user roles and goals.
- Manage key aspects of the data management system.
- This includes being responsible for developing or operating key elements of the system.
- Approve database specifications, ensuring all agreed standards and protocols are followed and data integrity is preserved.
Analysis of "As Is" and "To Be"
- Document complex "as is" and "to be" processes and describe the changes required to migrate to the "to be" capability to record accurately the change required.
- Lead in detecting and analyzing security incidents including attacks, breaches, and identified vulnerabilities and remediate any security gaps in line with the security incident management procedure.
- Implement all aspects of data architecture, turning event analytics, raw application data, and business systems into key business insights.
- Five years’ experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, C++ or Ruby.
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Rackspace, Docker and Microsoft Azure.
- Three to five years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
- Experience of general supervision of more junior colleagues (7 to 12 months).
- University / Post Graduate (Masters Degree).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus).
Competencies / Behaviour
- Computer Skills.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Compliance Management.
- Data Control.
- Business Requirements Analysis.
- Database Administration.
- IT Data Management.
- IT Support.
- Network/IT security.
- Perform Gap Analysis.
- Analyze Current State/AS-IS State.
- Business Data Modeling.
- Customer and Market Analysis.
- Define Future State/TO-BE State.
- Document and Model User Requirements.
- Manages Complexity.
- Optimizes Work Processes.
- Ensures Accountability.
- Tech Savvy.
- Action Oriented.
- Strategic Mindset.
- Cultivates Innovation.
- Absa Bank
- GIB (provident fund)
- Hotels and Wine discounts
- Grayston Pharmacy Deliveries
Your family matters to you, so they are important to us too, many of our benefit programs are aimed at supporting you and your loved ones through life's various stages.
- My Run
- Healthy Company
Our employees' physical, mental, emotional & financial health is one of our priorities. We promote a healthy, balanced lifestyle by bringing various healthy initiatives to the workplace.
QUALITY OF WORK
We offer exciting and challenging work which encourages innovation and out of the box thinking.
CULTURE & LEADERSHIP
- Blue Blood
- CLA Values awareness and engagement
- Communication from Leadership, desk drop
We are a fun and family orientated environment that values high performance through, transparency, collaboration and customer centricity.
We create a fun filled environment where people feel passionate, safe, valued and cared for. We treat each other with respect and operate with authenticity and integrity!
Our employees have the opportunity to engage with communities the company supports through identified events and initiatives.
We offer competitive compensation that rewards high performance.