At Blue Label Telecoms, we’re impressed by character, dedication and perseverance as much as we are impressed with qualifications and experience. #TeamBlu players have the tenacity, courage and passion for achieving results without trampling fellow team members to get where they’re going. Our industry faces rapid change, all the time. If you’re resilient and adaptable, you’ll thrive on the fast-paced world we operate in.
We encourage you to have fun and find your purpose while always keeping an eye on the prize. “The prize?”, you might ask - will always be our strive for customer-centricity. If you are an innovator, an optimist, an agent of change, then we want you on our side! We want agile, collaborative thinkers who can evaluate, investigate, and communicate their way through any snags and problems - people who understand that businesses are built on the entrepreneurial spirit of each and every one of us.
We are looking for individuals to build relationships and who are not only in it for the ‘now’. Our team spirit is built on integrity, honesty and respect. We firmly believe that skills and knowledge can be acquired, but it is fundamentally your aspiration to succeed that will forge the pathway to greatness.
Are you TeamBlu?
Cost Accountant - IT
The cost accountant is responsible to compile and assess the Technology financial data. Advise management about operations and costs for the Division. Review information to evaluate the financial performance of the Division. The cost accountant is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
Financial Management and Control
- Track progress against budgets within established finance systems and report variances to more senior colleagues.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system.
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems.
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses.
- Report on breakeven points by products, subsidiary, and systems.
- Report on margins by product and division.
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances.
- Analyze capital budgeting requests.
- Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the target costing group.
Insights and Reporting
- Contribute to the preparation of various financial data and analytics reports.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts on hardware and assets.
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues.
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close.
- Revise the reserve for obsolete inventory as needed.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
- Work with the Finance Team to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory.
- Set an example through personal quality and productivity standards and ways of working with others.
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures.
- Plan and prioritise, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands.
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change.
- Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organisational and team needs
- Minimum 4 years' experience in similar role
- Bachelors Degree in Finance / Accounting
- Ensures Accountability
- Manages Complexity
- Plans and Aligns
- Business Insight
- Financial Acumen
- Balances Stakeholders
- Cultivates Innovation
- Customer Focus
- Instills Trust
- Situational Adaptability
- Absa Bank
- GIB (provident fund)
- Hotels and Wine discounts
- Grayston Pharmacy Deliveries
Your family matters to you, so they are important to us too, many of our benefit programs are aimed at supporting you and your loved ones through life's various stages.
- My Run
- Healthy Company
Our employees' physical, mental, emotional & financial health is one of our priorities. We promote a healthy, balanced lifestyle by bringing various healthy initiatives to the workplace.
QUALITY OF WORK
We offer exciting and challenging work which encourages innovation and out of the box thinking.
CULTURE & LEADERSHIP
- Blue Blood
- CLA Values awareness and engagement
- Communication from Leadership, desk drop
We are a fun and family orientated environment that values high performance through, transparency, collaboration and customer centricity.
We create a fun filled environment where people feel passionate, safe, valued and cared for. We treat each other with respect and operate with authenticity and integrity!
Our employees have the opportunity to engage with communities the company supports through identified events and initiatives.
We offer competitive compensation that rewards high performance.