At Blue Label Telecoms, we’re impressed by character, dedication and perseverance as much as we are impressed with qualifications and experience. #TeamBlu players have the tenacity, courage and passion for achieving results without trampling fellow team members to get where they’re going. Our industry faces rapid change, all the time. If you’re resilient and adaptable, you’ll thrive on the fast-paced world we operate in.
We encourage you to have fun and find your purpose while always keeping an eye on the prize. “The prize?”, you might ask - will always be our strive for customer-centricity. If you are an innovator, an optimist, an agent of change, then we want you on our side! We want agile, collaborative thinkers who can evaluate, investigate, and communicate their way through any snags and problems - people who understand that businesses are built on the entrepreneurial spirit of each and every one of us.
We are looking for individuals to build relationships and who are not only in it for the ‘now’. Our team spirit is built on integrity, honesty and respect. We firmly believe that skills and knowledge can be acquired, but it is fundamentally your aspiration to succeed that will forge the pathway to greatness.
Are you TeamBlu?
Project Cost Administrator
This role will coordinate all activities for the cost control and planning across strategic BLT Technology projects for various group subsidiaries, ensuring the day-to-day cost controls and reporting are executed efficiently and effectively.
Project Administration and Support
- Cost control and planning of projects, including review of approved budgets, setting budget goals, analysis and monitoring of performance against budget.
- Develop, under guidance from the broader PMO team and in accordance with internal requirements, the project cost baseline.
- Maintain the project cost reporting throughout the project life cycle.
- Work closely with the Business Delivery Executive, Program Manager, Project Managers, and Finance department to monitor cost performance.
- Develop relationships across the project to facilitate maintenance and tracking of cost;
- Estimate potential additional needs using first principles;
- Preparation of budget change requests for any changes to the project scope outside of the original parameters upon which the approved budget is based Cost control reporting for the project.
Budgeting and Costing
- Develop relationships across the strategic projects to facilitate maintenance and tracking of costs;
- Estimate potential additional work using First Principles (Labour, Equipment, Material, Subcontracts etc) and service catalogue classifications
- Preparation of budget change requests and impact assessments to inform decisions on changes to the project scope outside of the original parameters upon which the approved budget is based;
- Work collaboratively in our matrix organisation.
- Operate the project segmentation views of the technology cost transparency system
- Set an example through personal quality and productivity standards and ways of working with others.
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures.
- Plan and prioritise, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands.
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change.
- Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organisational and team needs.
- Proven competence in financial auditing, production control, financial tracking of technology projects.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Package especially Excel;
- Experience on Microsoft Navision preferred;
- Experience on Magic Orange cost transparency solution advantageous.
- Post graduate qualification in finance administration preferred
- Ensures Accountability
- Plans and Aligns
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Balances Stakeholders
- Cultivates Innovation
- Instills Trust
- Situational Adaptability
- Business Insight
- Manages Complexity
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Absa Bank
- GIB (provident fund)
- Hotels and Wine discounts
- Grayston Pharmacy Deliveries
Your family matters to you, so they are important to us too, many of our benefit programs are aimed at supporting you and your loved ones through life's various stages.
- My Run
- Healthy Company
Our employees' physical, mental, emotional & financial health is one of our priorities. We promote a healthy, balanced lifestyle by bringing various healthy initiatives to the workplace.
QUALITY OF WORK
We offer exciting and challenging work which encourages innovation and out of the box thinking.
CULTURE & LEADERSHIP
- Blue Blood
- CLA Values awareness and engagement
- Communication from Leadership, desk drop
We are a fun and family orientated environment that values high performance through, transparency, collaboration and customer centricity.
We create a fun filled environment where people feel passionate, safe, valued and cared for. We treat each other with respect and operate with authenticity and integrity!
Our employees have the opportunity to engage with communities the company supports through identified events and initiatives.
We offer competitive compensation that rewards high performance.