At Blue Label Telecoms, we’re impressed by character, dedication and perseverance as much as we are impressed with qualifications and experience. #TeamBlu players have the tenacity, courage and passion for achieving results without trampling fellow team members to get where they’re going. Our industry faces rapid change, all the time. If you’re resilient and adaptable, you’ll thrive on the fast-paced world we operate in.
We encourage you to have fun and find your purpose while always keeping an eye on the prize. “The prize?”, you might ask - will always be our strive for customer-centricity. If you are an innovator, an optimist, an agent of change, then we want you on our side! We want agile, collaborative thinkers who can evaluate, investigate, and communicate their way through any snags and problems - people who understand that businesses are built on the entrepreneurial spirit of each and every one of us.
We are looking for individuals to build relationships and who are not only in it for the ‘now’. Our team spirit is built on integrity, honesty and respect. We firmly believe that skills and knowledge can be acquired, but it is fundamentally your aspiration to succeed that will forge the pathway to greatness.
Are you TeamBlu?
Head: Office of the CEO
The Head: Office of the CEO provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The incumbent serves as a liaison to the between CEO and executives of businesses and functional units; organizes and coordinates internal and external relations efforts and oversees special projects. The incumbent will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and
organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The incumbent will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with stakeholders, on matters related to CEO's programmatic initiatives.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including business projects, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Support CEO's Personal Assistant to drive events e.g. agenda for strategy, workshops and follow up on deliverables assigned by CEO.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Leadership Support and Liaison
- Serves as the CEO's administrative liaison to Blue Label Telecoms' CEO and Executives of the businesses and functional units.
- Assists in review of Board and Exco meeting packs, aids in compiling and ensuring quality submissions.
- In collaboration with CEO's PA may facilitate cross-divisional coordination of travel and roadshows planning when required.
- Communicates with the staff on the CEO’s behalf and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally.
- Coordinates with CEO's Personal Assistant to arrange meetings and strategic activities with the Senior Leadership Team, and other stakeholders.
Process Design and Re-Engineering
- Develop programmes, plans, oversees and coordinates resources and lead the Business Transformation and Improvement Program.
- Create and maintain a centralised process and knowledge management repository.
- Ensure business improvement Standard Operating Procedures are developed and maintenance.
- Compile and implement standardised business process improvement and reengineering methodologies.
- Undertake business process improvement initiatives aimed at improving efficiencies and effectiveness of operations.
- Identify the scope (core and sub-processes) and life cycle of business processes within area of responsibility.
- Apply scientific principles and business inputs to refine and re-engineer As-Is business processes (as well as newly to-be refined processes) into best scenario To-Be processes to enhance customer experience and profitability.
- Provide input into to the documentation and validation of the To-Be concept and design proposals.
- Facilitate and integrate process designs, improvements and maintenance.
Project Management and Governance
- Oversee and manage strategic project efforts.
- Conduct pro-active detection of process bottle-necks and high level operational value chain.
- Proactively participate in business efficiency improvement forums and to play an active role in the change initiatives process by assessing and recommending the feasibility of change requests received.
- Facilitate project meetings and workshops related to process re-engineering, engaging stakeholders, subject matter experts and attendees at all levels.
- Drive change through cross-functional teamwork.
- Drive the benefits quantification and realization from all projects.
- Provide input to budgeting process per project portfolio.
- Work closely with Leadership and Project teams and other stakeholders to facilitate delivery and remove impediments
- Provide input into streamlining, adapting and standardizing new processes and artifacts across SA Distribution.
- Drive high quality of all deliverables across complete life cycle.
- Managing stakeholder communications.
Research and Development
- Research Process Improvement best practices and methodologies locally and internationally.
- Research Industry Market Trends with respect to Customer, Services, Processes and Technology.
- Compile, document and share learnings for cross development.
- Maintain Business Process Management Library.
- Provide and identify opportunities for optimisation improvements of operational cost base and where process methodologies can be applied.
- Apply basic methodologies to identify bottom line and economic profit enhancement opportunities, where it relates to cost efficiencies or income enhancements.
- Through effective inspirational leadership, facilitate the creation of accountable, full service teams (as needed) who understand and strive to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
- Role model behavior and motivate team members in line with the core values.
- Take full responsibility for performance of all direct reports, motivating and managing them in relation to quality standards and agreed benchmarks and objectives, focusing on all aspects of sound people management.
- Provide support and guidance on career path planning, on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring to direct reports.
- Set an example through personal quality and productivity standards and ways of working with others.
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures.
- Plan and prioritise, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands.
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change. Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organisational and team needs.
- 6 years of experience in experience in managing strategic projects, process design, and continuous improvement.
- Previous agile experience would be a benefit but is not essential – an open, proactive approach and collaborative mind-set is what we need from you to understand the best way to drive each change initiative forward.
- Lean or six-sigma qualifications advantageous.
- Understanding of project methodologies associated with efficiency improvements.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and MS Visio.
- Experience of planning and managing resources to deliver predetermined objectives as specified by Executives (Over 3 years to 6 years).
- Post graduate qualification in Commerce preferred.
- Manages Complexity.
- Business Insight.
- Optimizes Work Processes.
- Ensures Accountability.
- Drives Results.
- Balances Stakeholders.
- Cultivates Innovation.
- Builds Effective Teams.
- Customer Focus.
- Financial Acumen.
- Instills Trust.
- Plans and Aligns.
- Situational Adaptability.
- Strategic Mindset.
- Communicates Effectively.
- Organizational Savvy.
- Absa Bank
- GIB (provident fund)
- Hotels and Wine discounts
- Grayston Pharmacy Deliveries
Your family matters to you, so they are important to us too, many of our benefit programs are aimed at supporting you and your loved ones through life's various stages.
- My Run
- Healthy Company
Our employees' physical, mental, emotional & financial health is one of our priorities. We promote a healthy, balanced lifestyle by bringing various healthy initiatives to the workplace.
QUALITY OF WORK
We offer exciting and challenging work which encourages innovation and out of the box thinking.
CULTURE & LEADERSHIP
- Blue Blood
- CLA Values awareness and engagement
- Communication from Leadership, desk drop
We are a fun and family orientated environment that values high performance through, transparency, collaboration and customer centricity.
We create a fun filled environment where people feel passionate, safe, valued and cared for. We treat each other with respect and operate with authenticity and integrity!
Our employees have the opportunity to engage with communities the company supports through identified events and initiatives.
We offer competitive compensation that rewards high performance.