At Blue Label Telecoms, we’re impressed by character, dedication and perseverance as much as we are impressed with qualifications and experience. #TeamBlu players have the tenacity, courage and passion for achieving results without trampling fellow team members to get where they’re going. Our industry faces rapid change, all the time. If you’re resilient and adaptable, you’ll thrive on the fast-paced world we operate in.
We encourage you to have fun and find your purpose while always keeping an eye on the prize. “The prize?”, you might ask - will always be our strive for customer-centricity. If you are an innovator, an optimist, an agent of change, then we want you on our side! We want agile, collaborative thinkers who can evaluate, investigate, and communicate their way through any snags and problems - people who understand that businesses are built on the entrepreneurial spirit of each and every one of us.
We are looking for individuals to build relationships and who are not only in it for the ‘now’. Our team spirit is built on integrity, honesty and respect. We firmly believe that skills and knowledge can be acquired, but it is fundamentally your aspiration to succeed that will forge the pathway to greatness.
Are you TeamBlu?
Junior Data Scientist
Responsible for discovering insights from massive amounts of structured and unstructured data to help shape or meet specific business needs and goals.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Support sourcing of new data to develop data flows into the platform and enable sanitation of data
- Understand the breadth of our data sets and engage in interactive data exploration and data-driven story-telling
- Ensure that informative datasets are appropriately served for analytics and BI applications.
- Collaborates with data engineer to scope and build data platform to enable data modelling, exploration and mining at large scale.
- Ensure that informative datasets are served in the BI layer.
- Interaction with business units to understand business models and value drivers.
- Ongoing data exploration to identify opportunities, limitations and gaps in the acquired data.
- Prepare analytical datasets to visualize value drivers against various metrics.
- Build machine learning / predictive models on analytical datasets to uplift value drivers.
- Cross-validate predictive models and transparently report on accuracy.
- Demonstrates the following scientist qualities: collaboration, clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, logic, significance, and fairness.
- Provides on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of decision systems and statistical models.
- Continuously improves methods and algorithms.
- Works transparently, ensures that all analysis is reproducible and uses version control appropriately for collaboration.
Security and Compliance
- Works with the ISO to ensure that the information used is in compliance with the regulatory and security policies in place.
- Qualifies where information can be stored or what information, external to the organization, may be used in support of the use case.
- Collaborates with the ISO to ensure that the information used follows the compliance, access management, and control policies and that it meets the qualification and assurance requirements of the Group
Data Evangelism and Innovation
- Knowledge sharing
- Application brainstorming
- Availability as a big data subject matter expert to the Blue Label Group
- Promote data driven business approach.
- Participation in big data communities / open source
- Presents and depicts the rationale of their findings in easy to understand terms for the business.
- Communicates and works with business subject matter experts.
- Educates the organization both from IT and the business perspectives on new
- approaches, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results.
- Helps the organization understand the principles and the math behind the
- process to drive organizational buy-in and manage expectations
- Follow through to ensure that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures
- Plan and prioritise, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change
- Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organizational needs
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar role
- Python and/or R
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field.
- Manages complexity
- Communicates effectively
- Strategic mindset
- Business Insight
- Cultivates innovation
- Optimizes work processes
- Nimble learning
- Situational adaptability
- Absa Bank
- GIB (provident fund)
- Hotels and Wine discounts
- Grayston Pharmacy Deliveries
Your family matters to you, so they are important to us too, many of our benefit programs are aimed at supporting you and your loved ones through life's various stages.
- My Run
- Healthy Company
Our employees' physical, mental, emotional & financial health is one of our priorities. We promote a healthy, balanced lifestyle by bringing various healthy initiatives to the workplace.
QUALITY OF WORK
We offer exciting and challenging work which encourages innovation and out of the box thinking.
CULTURE & LEADERSHIP
- Blue Blood
- CLA Values awareness and engagement
- Communication from Leadership, desk drop
We are a fun and family orientated environment that values high performance through, transparency, collaboration and customer centricity.
We create a fun filled environment where people feel passionate, safe, valued and cared for. We treat each other with respect and operate with authenticity and integrity!
Our employees have the opportunity to engage with communities the company supports through identified events and initiatives.
We offer competitive compensation that rewards high performance.