At Blue Label Telecoms, we’re impressed by character, dedication and perseverance as much as we are impressed with qualifications and experience. #TeamBlu players have the tenacity, courage and passion for achieving results without trampling fellow team members to get where they’re going. Our industry faces rapid change, all the time. If you’re resilient and adaptable, you’ll thrive on the fast-paced world we operate in.
We encourage you to have fun and find your purpose while always keeping an eye on the prize. “The prize?”, you might ask - will always be our strive for customer-centricity. If you are an innovator, an optimist, an agent of change, then we want you on our side! We want agile, collaborative thinkers who can evaluate, investigate, and communicate their way through any snags and problems - people who understand that businesses are built on the entrepreneurial spirit of each and every one of us.
We are looking for individuals to build relationships and who are not only in it for the ‘now’. Our team spirit is built on integrity, honesty and respect. We firmly believe that skills and knowledge can be acquired, but it is fundamentally your aspiration to succeed that will forge the pathway to greatness.
Are you TeamBlu?
Lead Cloud Engineer
The Lead Cloud Engineer must be a technical expert proficient in configuring, managing and using a wide range of complex IT infrastructures and technologies. Independent judgment is required to carry out assignments that have significant impact on business services or programs. Guidelines may be available, but require insight and a keen understanding to determine appropriate courses of action. A high level of professionalism will be required for this position.
- Work with specialists in operations to ensure applications are secure and available in production.
- Implement appropriate monitoring and logging to ensure potential failure can be detected, diagnosed and remediate before services are impacted.
- Be able to deploy highly available as appropriate for server, serverless and container-based applications.
- Where possible work with the development team leads to ensure security is built into their development effort.
- Where appropriate deploy additional security measures.
- Work with the development teams to deploy and ensure infrastructure are deployed, packaged applications and custom applications.
- Use existing SDLC tool chains to deploy server, serverless and container-based applications.
- Maintain and upgrading existing SDLC tool chains.
- Work with the development managers to support them in SDLC automation and developing code to deploy infrastructure using our existing SDLC tool chains.
- Work with application owners to manage the cost infrastructure deployed for applications both in development and production.
- Tag resources appropriately so that their cost can be monitored by system Implement cost saving where possible while maintaining the required performance.
- Support system owners in monitoring, predicting and optimising the cost of operating their infrastructure relative to the required performance.
- 4 – 6 years’ development experience
- 2 – 4 years’ DevOps on-premises and in the Cloud at an enterprise level Code - Familiarity , Terraform, Python, Atlassian stack
- Knowledge and practical experience in one or more of AWS, Azure or other cloud solutions
- Good knowledge of Linux or Windows systems administration.
- Knowledge of fault tolerant applications, infrastructure and application security, networks
- Knowledge or desire to learn about technologies such as , Data science, Decisioning, Containers
- Lead and manage the cloud team
- Develop junior team members
- University (First degree)
Competencies / Behaviour
- Technologies: github - CI/CD and version control, DMS, S3, kubernetes, Spark/databricks (distributed computing systems - cluster and python & scala librariesversion control and deployment), cloudformation, cloudwatch, IAM, RDS,lambda, dynamodb, API gateway, airflow, VPC, EC2 Zero trust security model, and advanced multi data centre and cloud networking skills. Needs to work hand in glove with the devops lead to build workflows that facilitate data engineering and data science tasks whilst maintaining the highest standards of security yet simplifying it for non technical team members.
- Manages complexity
- Ensures accountability
- Optimizes work processes
- Manages ambiguity
- Nimble learning
- Business Insight
- Plans and aligns
- Cultivates innovation
- Absa Bank
- GIB (provident fund)
- Hotels and Wine discounts
- Grayston Pharmacy Deliveries
Your family matters to you, so they are important to us too, many of our benefit programs are aimed at supporting you and your loved ones through life's various stages.
- My Run
- Healthy Company
Our employees' physical, mental, emotional & financial health is one of our priorities. We promote a healthy, balanced lifestyle by bringing various healthy initiatives to the workplace.
QUALITY OF WORK
We offer exciting and challenging work which encourages innovation and out of the box thinking.
CULTURE & LEADERSHIP
- Blue Blood
- CLA Values awareness and engagement
- Communication from Leadership, desk drop
We are a fun and family orientated environment that values high performance through, transparency, collaboration and customer centricity.
We create a fun filled environment where people feel passionate, safe, valued and cared for. We treat each other with respect and operate with authenticity and integrity!
Our employees have the opportunity to engage with communities the company supports through identified events and initiatives.
We offer competitive compensation that rewards high performance.