At Blue Label Telecoms, we’re impressed by character, dedication and perseverance as much as we are impressed with qualifications and experience. #TeamBlu players have the tenacity, courage and passion for achieving results without trampling fellow team members to get where they’re going. Our industry faces rapid change, all the time. If you’re resilient and adaptable, you’ll thrive on the fast-paced world we operate in.
We encourage you to have fun and find your purpose while always keeping an eye on the prize. “The prize?”, you might ask - will always be our strive for customer-centricity. If you are an innovator, an optimist, an agent of change, then we want you on our side! We want agile, collaborative thinkers who can evaluate, investigate, and communicate their way through any snags and problems - people who understand that businesses are built on the entrepreneurial spirit of each and every one of us.
We are looking for individuals to build relationships and who are not only in it for the ‘now’. Our team spirit is built on integrity, honesty and respect. We firmly believe that skills and knowledge can be acquired, but it is fundamentally your aspiration to succeed that will forge the pathway to greatness.
Are you TeamBlu?
Software Developer (Java)
Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. May act as a mentor or coach to junior developers.
Application Software Development
- Develop existing applications and contribute to development of new applications by analyzing and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Develop new routine applications to meet customer requirements.
Testing IT Performance
- Design and perform website/applications software tests and respond to user emails to monitor, diagnose, and correct performance issues.
Applications Software Maintenance
- Monitor, identify, and correct straightforward software defects to maintain fully functioning applications software.
Documentation and Back up
- Create and maintain technical and/or user documentation to a high standard and back up files to ensure instant recovery if problems occur.
- Maintain understanding of current technology, database management, and/or programming practices through ongoing education, conference attendance, and industry press.
- Identify, within the team, instances of non-compliance with the organization's policies and procedures and/or relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct, reporting these and escalating issues as appropriate.
Personal Capability Building
- Develop own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gain or maintain external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfill personal potential.
- Maintain an understanding of relevant technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and reading specialist media.
- Experienced practitioner able to work unsupervised (13 months to 3 years)
- University / Post Graduate (Masters Degree)
- National Diploma
Competencies / Behaviour
- Java 7 and 8
- Analytical and planning
- Data Collection and analysis
- IT Testing
- Application Development
- Ensures accountability
- Manages complexity
- Tech savvy
- Decision quality
- Optimizes work processes
- Plans and aligns
- Nimble learning
- Absa Bank
- GIB (provident fund)
- Hotels and Wine discounts
- Grayston Pharmacy Deliveries
Your family matters to you, so they are important to us too, many of our benefit programs are aimed at supporting you and your loved ones through life's various stages.
- My Run
- Healthy Company
Our employees' physical, mental, emotional & financial health is one of our priorities. We promote a healthy, balanced lifestyle by bringing various healthy initiatives to the workplace.
QUALITY OF WORK
We offer exciting and challenging work which encourages innovation and out of the box thinking.
CULTURE & LEADERSHIP
- Blue Blood
- CLA Values awareness and engagement
- Communication from Leadership, desk drop
We are a fun and family orientated environment that values high performance through, transparency, collaboration and customer centricity.
We create a fun filled environment where people feel passionate, safe, valued and cared for. We treat each other with respect and operate with authenticity and integrity!
Our employees have the opportunity to engage with communities the company supports through identified events and initiatives.
We offer competitive compensation that rewards high performance.