At Blue Label Telecoms, we’re impressed by character, dedication and perseverance as much as we are impressed with qualifications and experience. #TeamBlu players have the tenacity, courage and passion for achieving results without trampling fellow team members to get where they’re going. Our industry faces rapid change, all the time. If you’re resilient and adaptable, you’ll thrive on the fast-paced world we operate in.
We encourage you to have fun and find your purpose while always keeping an eye on the prize. “The prize?”, you might ask - will always be our strive for customer-centricity. If you are an innovator, an optimist, an agent of change, then we want you on our side! We want agile, collaborative thinkers who can evaluate, investigate, and communicate their way through any snags and problems - people who understand that businesses are built on the entrepreneurial spirit of each and every one of us.
We are looking for individuals to build relationships and who are not only in it for the ‘now’. Our team spirit is built on integrity, honesty and respect. We firmly believe that skills and knowledge can be acquired, but it is fundamentally your aspiration to succeed that will forge the pathway to greatness.
Are you TeamBlu?
Responsible to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the inhouse information systems that support core organizational functions through monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems.
Operational Planning and Management
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to development teams.
- Perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Maintain a service orientated IT operations function that supports ongoing operations to drive efficiency, quality and customer service.
- Ensure adherence to service level agreements and manage to deliver on agreed performance levels for application availability, response time and network performance.
- Ensure the protection of IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information as per defined policies.
- Drive the implementation of strategies and plans for the technical infrastructure, operational enhancements and application architecture and execute the plan.
- Identifying and evaluating inefficiencies and recommending optimal operations business practices, and system functionality and behaviour
- Manage the existing solutions and IT operational applications
- Provide onsite or remote access diagnoses and resolution of computer hardware and software problems using a highly integrated set of diagnostic tools and techniques
- Serve as a technical expert providing support to the other IT Technicians and IT Operations team in general
- Provisioning of servers according to strict guidelines with attention to detail and documentation
- Installation and upgrading of complex IT equipment, networks and systems
- Maintaining and documenting of all work performed as well as strict usage of the call logging systems to ensure open communication with the whole team
- Administer, implement, and provide technical support of applications and associated hardware utilizing a specialized set of diagnostic tools with elevated privileges
- Operation and administration of most of the IT systems used to manage, monitor and configure all the technical systems in the environment
- Manage access and security of systems in accordance with policies
Acquisition and Deployment Management
- Collaborate with systems architecture and operations teams to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Execute planned operations and deployment activities, as well as preventive maintenance
- Post production monitoring, and troubleshooting of product/services
- Proactive monitoring, evaluating, recommending, testing of new and existing platforms
- Thorough understanding of the application architecture, functional capabilities and technical infrastructure, both current and future state
- Build a culture of respect and understanding across the organisation
- Recognise outcomes which resulted from effective collaboration between teams
- Build co-operation and overcome barriers to information sharing, communication and collaboration across the organisation
- Facilitate opportunities to engage and collaborate with external stakeholders to develop joint solutions
- Through effective inspirational leadership, facilitate the creation of accountable, full service teams who understand and strive to meet the needs of all stakeholders
- Role model behaviour and motivate team members in line with the core values
- Take full responsibility for performance of all direct reports, motivating and managing them in relation to quality standards and agreed benchmarks and objectives, focusing on all aspects of sound people management.
- Provide support and guidance on career path planning, on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring to direct reports
- Develop, promote and direct the implementation of equal opportunities policies in all aspects of the company’s work.
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Leads change to creates a self-refreshing and learning organisation
- Continuous improvement of business processes
- Agile change agent for the organisation
- Follow through to ensure that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures
- Plan and prioritise, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change
- Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organizational needs
- Minimum 6+ years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ Engineering or related discipline
Competencies / Behaviour
- Experience using client, console and web based management tools
- Experience in working with Application and Infrastructure monitoring solutions
- Data Centre experience
- Knowledge of infrastructure and software environments, programs, methodologies, procedures and policies.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills, with deep experience in systems, network and server infrastructure, with a proactive problem prevention-oriented problemsolving mindset
- Active Directory and Group Policy design, testing and implementation
- VLAN management and setup
- Professional diagramming and completing of relevant documentation
- Network monitoring, troubleshooting and systems management experience
- Network disaster recovery planning and testing
- Have fun and find purpose
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Strive for Customer Centricity
- Innovate boldly
- Be both agile and entrepreneurial
- Build relationships and trust
- Develop our people for long-term success
- Be an agent of change
- Absa Bank
- GIB (provident fund)
- Hotels and Wine discounts
- Grayston Pharmacy Deliveries
Your family matters to you, so they are important to us too, many of our benefit programs are aimed at supporting you and your loved ones through life's various stages.
- My Run
- Healthy Company
Our employees' physical, mental, emotional & financial health is one of our priorities. We promote a healthy, balanced lifestyle by bringing various healthy initiatives to the workplace.
QUALITY OF WORK
We offer exciting and challenging work which encourages innovation and out of the box thinking.
CULTURE & LEADERSHIP
- Blue Blood
- CLA Values awareness and engagement
- Communication from Leadership, desk drop
We are a fun and family orientated environment that values high performance through, transparency, collaboration and customer centricity.
We create a fun filled environment where people feel passionate, safe, valued and cared for. We treat each other with respect and operate with authenticity and integrity!
Our employees have the opportunity to engage with communities the company supports through identified events and initiatives.
We offer competitive compensation that rewards high performance.