Cigicell - Assuring Revenue for Utilities
Cigicell is a level 1 BEE company with a proud history of serving customers with revenue enhancement services since 1998. Cigicell is jointly owned by Blue Label Telecoms (listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange) and Sangrilor (a Broad-Based Black Economic Empowered company). Our main objective is to “Assure Revenue for Municipalities and Utilities” in the water and electricity space. We do this by building capacity to improve financial management, internal controls and data integrity in order to achieve optimum financial sustainability.
Cigicell owns, deploys and manages customised technology for bill payments which allows customers to pay their municipality bills online and at retail points. Our technology compliance application currently manages about 190,000 active prepaid meters online. This capability seamlessly integrates with most municipal financial systems, making reporting easy.
Our capacity is guided by a customer-centric team with extensive experience in the municipality environment. We offer a unique ability to review revenue enhancement initiatives, policies and procedures, by-laws, and tariff documents. Our management team is comprised of professional engineers, metering specialists and chartered accountants.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Prepaid electricity customer and vending systems
- Expertise in bill payment, enabling customers to pay their bills via their preferred channel
- Bill presentment allowing customers to view their bills electronically
- Accounts reconstruction ensuring that our customers bill their water and electricity consumers correctly
- Audit processes with the ability to identify tampered and faulty meters
- Energy and water balancing
- Risk-free funding of municipal infrastructure programs in the energy and water space
- Credit control services
- Debt collection services
- Indigent registration services
- Meter reading services
- Large Power User digital platforms
- mSCOA compliance
- NRS 009-6-10 Online Vending Specifications
- STS 6 compliant
- STS 6 TID rollover Module (to be completed by November 2024)